Monday, April 7, 2014

Photo Gear I brought to the Iberostar Laguna Azul Resort, Varadero Beach, Cuba

Photo Gear I brought to the Iberostar Laguna Azul Resort, Varadero Beach, Cuba

After the first trip we took to the Iberostar Laguna Azul Resort in Varadero Cuba, I made this video of the gear that I brought with me on that trip. Deciding what camera gear to bring while travelling is a balancing act. You want to make sure you have all the gear you need to get great photos and video in all the situation you want but camera gear is heavy and so you don't want to be lugging around a bunch of photo and video gear you don't need or worse yet don't use. The only way to figure out the balance when travelling with photography / videography gear is to travel with photography / videography gear. There really is no substitute for experience, seeing what you use and what you don't and adjust for the next trip, but seeing what gear others take with them travelling is also useful for ideas. I made this video for that reason, to give ideas on what gear might be useful while travelling... and maybe, just maybe so I'd remember what I brought.

The photography / videography gear I brought with me to the Iberostar Laguna Azul Resort at Varadero Beach in Cuba was as follows:

Nikon D7000 camera body
Nikon 24-120mm f4 lens
Nikon 17-35mm f2.8 lens
Nikon 50mm f1.4 lens
Kata 3in1-20 gear pack
Gitzo Traveller Tripod


No comments:

Post a Comment